Child Health and Hunger
Healthy, hunger-free Maine children can grow up to become healthy, capable Maine adults. This is why making sure Maine children have access to affordable, quality preventative physical, oral and mental health care early on is critical.
To improve overall child well-being and health outcomes, the Maine Children’s Alliance seeks to secure:
- Access to quality health care;
- Access to affordable health care coverage;
- Access to nutritious, healthy meals;
- Access to safe and healthy toxin-free physical environment.
The Maine Children’s Alliance works with state and national partners to ensure that Maine children from birth into adulthood can play, learn and grow in an environment that promotes their health and well-being. Learn more about our projects and initiatives below.
- CONNECTING MAINE KIDS TO COVERAGE (Coming soon!)
- FOOD INSECURITY (Coming Soon!)
Additional Children's Health Resources:
- Helping Working Parents & Kids Get Covered (MCA Infographic)
- 2014 MCA Health Policy Brief: How Parent's Health Insurance Coverage Affects Kids
- Enrolling Kids and Families: MaineCare and the ACA Roll-out
- Maine Consumers for Affordable Health Care
- Maine Department of Health & Human Services
- Maine Equal Justice Partners
- Maine Oral Health Coalition